Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

God Speaks Through Queen Esther

Were you ever in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or maybe even the right place at the right time?  I have been. Sometimes I wonder what in the world am I doing here, or why am I here? Other times, it is very clear why I am where I am. Confused? I hope not!. The scenario is a little bit like the story of Queen Esther.  




















Not the picture you expected to see of Queen Esther? I must digress for just a moment. This IS a picture of Queen Esther, but not the one from the Bible. I cannot talk about the story of Queen Esther without thinking of my grandmother, who is pictured. Her name was Queen Esther; named for an aunt. Much like the Biblical queen, my grandmother was a woman of great hospitality, caring, and godliness. 

Now back to the famous Queen Esther. If you are familiar with the story at all, you know that Queen Esther was Jewish and was unexpectedly chosen to be the new queen for King Ahasuerus, also known as Xerxes. As the story goes on, Haman, side kick to Xerxes, decides to do away with the Jewish nation because he has a bone to pick with Mordecai, Esther's cousin. To make a long story short, because Esther is queen, she is able, with God's help, to prevent the execution of all the Jews and to cause the death of Haman. 

One of the passages in the story of Esther that I enjoy the most is Esther 4:14 (NIV): "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?”


The last part of this verse was especially helpful to me as I approached my first week at a new school. After being in a Christian school and Christian atmosphere for 20 years, I was feeling intimidated and very out of place. I was unsure how I would cope with the very different tone and spiritual differences then I was used to. As the week went on and I continued to read the story of Esther, that portion of the verse really stuck out to me. "...who knows but that you have come to your...position for such a time as this?" God began to speak to me and placed a little excitement in my being to see what I might be able to do for HIm in my new bearings. Ideas began to race through my head and although they are still racing, I know that God will let me know what my place is in this position. I look forward to seeing how I can best exemplify Esther this year. 





1 comment:

  1. Kari,
    I am so excited for you because you are in a new mission field. Looking for all the opportunities to witness to others by living your faith, prayerfully, quietly and consistently will bring joy to so many! You will be that small light in a dark world that will be magnified 10 fold. So many teachers and students are lost and struggling. Christ, through you and by the Holy Spirit, will bring hope to so many.
    May God bless you in your new job!
    Linda G

    ReplyDelete