Translate

Friday, February 11, 2022

God Speaks in the Scriptures

For the last couple of years, I have shared ways that I have heard God speaking to me. In this post, I want to use a few verses of Scripture that refer to God speaking or God's voice and see just what the Bible says about how He speaks.  By the way, my favorite translation of the Bible for most Scriptures is called "The Voice" translation!

1.  God speaks through prophets--Hebrews 1:1--"Long ago, at different times and in various ways, God’s voice came to our ancestors through the Hebrew prophets."

2.  God speaks in different ways--Job 33:14a--"For God does speak in one way and even another way..."

Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash
3.  Hearing God speak builds a foundation--Matthew 7:24--"Those people who are listening to Me, those people who hear what I say and live according to My teachings—you are like a wise man who built his house on a rock, on a firm foundation."

4.  God speaks now through the words of His Son--Hebrews 1:2--"but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world."

5.  If we listen, we can hear Him--John 10:27--"My sheep respond as they hear My voice; I know them intimately, and they follow Me."

Photo by Brandon Morgan on Unsplash
6.  God's Voice is Power--Psalm 29:3-9--"The voice of the Eternal echoes over the great water. God’s magnificence roars like thunder.  The Eternal’s presence hovers over all the waters. His voice explodes in great power over the earth. His voice is both regal and grand.  The Eternal’s voice shatters the cedars; His power splinters the great cedars of Lebanon.  He speaks, and Lebanon leaps like a young calf.  Sirion jumps like a wild, youthful ox. The voice of the Eternal cuts through with flames of fire.  The voice of the Eternal rumbles through the wilderness with great quakes; He causes Kadesh to tremble. The Eternal’s voice brings life from the doe’s womb; His voice strips the forest bare and all the people in the temple declare, “Glory!”

7.  Why listen to God's voice?--Psalm 85:8--"I am listening carefully to all the Lord is saying—for he speaks peace to his people, his saints, if they will only stop their sinning."

8.  God speaks to each one of us over and over--Revelation 3:20--"Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me."

9.  Are you having trouble hearing the voice of God? John offers an explanation--John 8:47--"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

10.  Remember God is constantly knocking and calling YOUR name. He desires to speak to and with you.  Hebrews 4:7b--"If you hear his voice today, don’t be stubborn!"

11. John 12:30-33--"Jesus said, 'The voice didn’t come for me but for you. At this moment the world is in crisis. Now Satan, the ruler of this world, will be thrown out. And I, as I am lifted up from the earth, will attract everyone to me and gather them around me.' He put it this way to show how he was going to be put to death."

Photo by il vano on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment