Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

God Speaks Even When...

Have you ever been discouraged or feeling run down? That is the way I have been feeling lately. It has taken me longer than I wanted to write this post because I have just been uninspired. Between CoVid stuff and other issues, I have truthfully just not FELT like writing. Many days I have prayed, "God I need some inspiration for my blog.  Give me inspiration!  How else do You speak to us?"  And then, after several days, God brings two things to mind.  The first is Habakkuk 3:17-18, which is one of my all-time favorite verses.  I've used it in a previous blog so didn't want to use it again, BUT when God is nudging you, you do it! 

Habakkuk 3:17-18, "Even if the fig tree does not blossom and there are no grapes on the vines, If the olive trees fail to give fruit and the fields produce no food, If the flocks die far from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls; Then I will still rejoice in the Eternal! I will rejoice in the God who saves me!" 

This is from "The Voice" translation. Another version says as its last line "YET will I REJOICE in the Lord" and another "YET will I TRIUMPH in the Lord".  What is exciting in this verse is the reminder that even when we feel discouraged, even when we feel down, we can and should still rejoice in the Lord. He is in control of everything and will continue to take care of us!

The other nudge that came to mind was "Seek God". Why should I just be sitting around waiting for inspiration when I should be seeking God for that inspiration?

Matthew 6:33, says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all these things will be given to you too."

Seek God first! He promises that if we seek Him with all our heart, we will find Him!


Proverbs 8:17, "
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me."

Jeremiah 29:13, "You will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart."

Deuteronomy 4:29, "But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul."

God not only promises that we will find Him is we seek Him. He also promises blessings to those that seek Him.

Psalms 34:10, "The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

Psalms 119:2, "Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart,"

Lamentations 3:25, "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him."

It is good to remember; however, that even though God promises blessings to those that seek Him, this does not mean that things will always be good. Bad times can still come upon those that seek and love God. It just means that God's blessings are more prevalent for those who seek Him and we will also have blessings in the future.  Even now, God is waiting for those that will seek Him. He is always there, it is up to us to make the move towards Him. God is constant and always reachable, we just have to make the move. He is not far from us.

Psalms 14:2, "The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God."

Psalms 69:32, "When the humble see it they will be glad; you who seek God, let your hearts revive."

Acts 17:27, "that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,"

1 Chronicles 22:19a, "Now set your mind and heart to seek the Lord your God."

18

No comments:

Post a Comment